So I created a very basic Figma wireframe for the Route planner web application.
I took inspiration from the layout and designs of Komoot, Strava and Ride with GPS.
Here are my next steps:
- Build out the side nav and it’s components
- Build out the top nav and it’s components.
- Hook up to the Google elevation API (or some other API) to get the elevation profile for the route.
- Display the elevation profile on the bottom tab and make it interactive.
- Figure out how to get and store data on the road surfaces. (I’m pretty sure Mapbox can return this but I need to store it, which will probably require changing my Route objects schema)
- Figure out how to create functionality to search for addresses and places using the Mapbox API.